Happy New Years AME members!
To start the New Year off right, and for a limited time, AME is discounting our online professional development courses–Preceptor as Educator and Best Practices. These courses were developed specifically with you in mind, the teachers of our future midwives. Most of you became midwives to serve childbearing families, offering excellent, personalized and sensitive care and then, one day you are asked to be a teacher. Whether you are in the classroom or the clinic room the job of teacher is never easy and in fact it is sometimes more work to teach a student how to do what you do. AME recognizes your work and in an effort to offer you support and to help the MEAC accredited schools meet the requirements of accreditation, AME put together two series of modules for professional development and as a gift to our community we are offering a steep discount for AME members now through the end of March. (Not a member yet? No problem! There is a big button to your right. Just click on Join AME!)
The Preceptor as Educator bundle is six modules and 9 continuing education credits. The presenters are: Suzy Myers, Illysa Foster, Wendy Gordon and Ida Darragh. The bundle is on sale for $60 which is a 60% savings! Take one course or for the greatest savings, take the bundle!
- Preceptors: Providers of Essential Midwifery Education
- Creating a Successful Preceptorship: The Essential Elements
- Precepting, Teaching, and Meeting Challenges
- Ethics and the Student/Preceptor Relationship
- Inclusion and Cultural Awareness
- NARM Requirements for CPM Certification
The Best Practices bundle is a 3 course, 8 continuing education units. The bundle costs $76 which is a 20% savings and the courses are:
- Best Practices 1: Meeting the Needs of Adult Learners
- Best Practices 2: Student Assessment–You Taught It, But Did They Learn It?
- Best Practices 3: Ethics and Social Justice in Midwifery Education
To register for courses go to the AME homepage, click on the “Continuing Education” tab at the top of the page and you will be directed to enter your member information and a catalog of courses will open. There are many courses in the catalog, NACPM webinars and AME courses. You can scroll through the catalog or use the search function to find a specific course.
If you need help, feel free to contact the Administrative Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.